News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Bone trauma and fractures

Question: hit on temple

ama_nan - Mon May 16, 2005 12:53 pm

I was punched in the head 4 days ago...I was hit on the bone below the temple or on the temple I am not sure. I did not lose conciousness but I bo have a swollen spot that covers the bone and part of the temple. I thought being hit there night kill you and I am scared that there might be something wrong. I am not having headaches...but it hurt to touch and gets an odd sore feeling alot DO I need to have this checked out ...what could this have done. How hard woul dyou have to be hit to cause serious damage?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Tue May 17, 2005 8:14 am

User avatar Hi ama_nan,
It is essentially this, it makes no difference how hard you are hit/injured etc. the difference is where at (if that makes sense) I would suggest after an injury especially involving this particular area, and considering that you are still swollen that you have the area evaluated. You stated that you have no headaches, what about visual changes, nausea, dizziness etc.? Again I would suggest an evaluation, better to be on the side of caution rather than ignore it and end up with something serious.........
Sincerely,
Rntdj

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here