Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: Lower Back Pain

sasha_franks - Mon May 16, 2005 8:06 pm

I have been having lower back pain for about 4 almost 5 straight months now, and my doctor is telling me that I am to young to be having back problems. I am 20 years old and a mother of two, healthy boys. I really am not sure what I have done to it, but I do know that it does hurt. There are even times when I can not get out of the bed in the mornings. If it was not for my husband I do not know what I would do. It hurts so bad that I had to take a 3 month medical leave from work, and just have recently went back. I really did not have no choice but to go back. The pain that I am expericining is so hard to explain. I have had X-Rays, MRI, and alot of medications. And the only answer that I can get is that it will work itself out, that It can't be anything to serious because I am to young, and I just don't believe that. :? Am I wrong or is that true? I know that I am in a lot of pain and all I want to know is why. So if anyone has any answers for me please fill me in. I would really appreciate it.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Thu May 19, 2005 1:48 pm

User avatar Sasha,
Certainly pain that causes you to take 3 months medical leave from work should be taken seriously. To go through the list of causes of back pain would not be very helpful. If you still need to have a list of causes, please have a look at our back pain page. If you find that you have any of those conditions mentioned in the list let me know.
I would suggest that you go to another doctor and get a second opinion and not to leave it till it gets better on its own.

|