News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: I can't sit down!!!!!

lillardsky - Thu May 19, 2005 12:19 pm

I was involved in a bad car accident in 1993, I had injuries from moderate cuts and bruises to broken pelvic bones.. I was confined to a wheel chair for 6months, but learned to walk, run, and even dance again. I have always had a little discomfort in the hip/ pelvic area , but learned to deal with the pain through streatching. In the last two months I have been unable to sit on my butt for longer than a few short minutes without having pain in my lower back beside both my hips and the pain runs down the sides of both my legs.. If I look down the pain lessens. I am a small woman. 5'2 and 101pounds.. I walk, and am very limber. Streatching is a life style for me.. It helps the pain. Could I have nerve damage in my back and why did it take this long to show it's nasty self.
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:09 pm

User avatar Dear lillardsky,
Lower back pain that is centered in the lower spine and radiates down to both legs is most probably due to compressed nerves. Nerve compression can be due to many reasons, including herniated disc, Spondylosis etc,.
These conditions can be diagnosed by imagine studies like MRI (of choice). Since the nature and the character of the pain you experienced for year is changing you better have your self checked up. Take an appointment with your physician and see what he would advise you.
Best regards,

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here