Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: I can't sit down!!!!!

lillardsky - Thu May 19, 2005 12:19 pm

I was involved in a bad car accident in 1993, I had injuries from moderate cuts and bruises to broken pelvic bones.. I was confined to a wheel chair for 6months, but learned to walk, run, and even dance again. I have always had a little discomfort in the hip/ pelvic area , but learned to deal with the pain through streatching. In the last two months I have been unable to sit on my butt for longer than a few short minutes without having pain in my lower back beside both my hips and the pain runs down the sides of both my legs.. If I look down the pain lessens. I am a small woman. 5'2 and 101pounds.. I walk, and am very limber. Streatching is a life style for me.. It helps the pain. Could I have nerve damage in my back and why did it take this long to show it's nasty self.
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:09 pm

User avatar Dear lillardsky,
Lower back pain that is centered in the lower spine and radiates down to both legs is most probably due to compressed nerves. Nerve compression can be due to many reasons, including herniated disc, Spondylosis etc,.
These conditions can be diagnosed by imagine studies like MRI (of choice). Since the nature and the character of the pain you experienced for year is changing you better have your self checked up. Take an appointment with your physician and see what he would advise you.

|