News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Bone trauma and fractures

Question: Trauma Healing and Low Grade Fevers

Katelynn58 - Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:27 pm

3 1/2 weeks ago I was hit by a drunk driver and my legs were run over by his boat trailer. I received a skull fracture, and facial, arm and ankle fractures. I also have very deep bruising on my legs from the crushing. Since coming home I have been getting low grade fevers everyday. Never above 99.6. Are low-grade fevers normal to healing? I had a CBC last week, and everything was normal... but these fevers just exhaust me. Everyone tells me it is normal for the healing process due to all the inflammation and multiple fractures. If that is true, how long can I expect to have them? Thank you so much for any help.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:24 am

User avatar Hi Katelynn58,
It sounds like you have suffered a significant amount of trauma. Elevations in temperature (under 101) are considered relatively normal after any trauma, fracture, or surgical treatment due to the bodies healing process. Elevations may fluctuate mildly during the entire healing time. Get well soon!
Sincerely,
Rntdj

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here