Question: broken coccyx

gb25 - Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:35 am

I recently visited a chiropractor due to my lower back pain. After viewing the x-rays, (to my suprise!) he proceeded to tell me I had apparantly broken my tail bone some time ago. That wasn't the cause of my lower back pain, but it did explain why I experienced pain during certain activities such as sit-ups, lying on flat surfaces and raising into a sitting position. He said that a non invasive surgery could be done to straighten the bone into its correct position, but that it wasn't really necessary. Should I just deal with the pain during these activities, or will repositioning the tailbone actually get rid of the pain? :?
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:12 pm

User avatar Tailbone surgery is to remove the offending portion, not straighten it, and there is no way to have surgery on a bone inside the body that is noninvasive! Problems like yours are treated with cortisone injections. After a couple of weeks, your pain will be gone. You will have to repeat them every 3-6 months and after a time, you probably won't need them anymore.
 lildunns111 - Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:06 pm

i had my tailbone removed when i was a baby, now im 16 and it is really bothering me, i was wondering if there was any surgery to fix it? plastic surgery?

|