News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: Upper right back pain in my rib?

rubyred716 - Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:10 am

I've been getting really concerned about this because everytime I breath in like deep..the more my upper right back deep inside like near the rib i guess hurts..im not sure if it is the rib..but if i sit a certain way it'll hurt..and if i stand up and reach down to the side it hurts..and it also hurts the left side too..and im getting scared..its just like a sharp pain..like deep inside my body..im pretty sure its my rib .. if anybody might know what this is please write back..thank you
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:38 am

User avatar It could possibly be a strain, since it hurts more when you are in certain positions, talk to your doctor about taking some antiinflammatories.
 paulDC - Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:40 pm

From what you describe, it can be as simple as a rib subluxation. Try visiting a chiropractor who can easily adjust the rib and whatever else you may have going on in your thoracic spine. An appointment should be cheap (probably covered by your insurance), and the chiropractor is trained to tell if it is something more serious or just as simple subluxation.

:D

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here