Question: Broken Rib(s)???

Unlmtd261 - Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:28 am

Unfortunately my ex-boyfriend hit me a few times, and two of the times he punched me in the ribs, the first time wasn't that bad it was back in January, and I don't feel it anymore, but this last time was probably 2months ago, and I still feel the pain like it was yesterday, what can I do, and what are some things that could happen, I am too stubborn to go to the ER for xrays, even though I should!!!

Thank you!!!
 Dr. Anthony Solomon - Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:00 pm

This lingering pain after a punch 2 months ago requires a doctor's examination. Your boyfriend's behaviour represents grievious bodily harm and should be reported to prevent more serious injuries in the future. A doctor's report after examination and treatment is a useful evidence to have.

Dr Anthony Solomon
 rockyrocket - Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:00 am

I fell and broke a rib about 2 months ago. I still have alot of pain and also there is a large oblong lump right where I broke it. Question is, "can ribs be broke and dislocated at the same time?" I went to my doctor who is really a general practictionist about the lump. She said it might be a calcuim deposit which I thought sounded rediculous whit the lump so big. Any thoughts? Thank you,
rockyrocket

|