News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Bone trauma and fractures

Question: Broken foot

kbloom - Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:34 pm

I was diagnosed with a broken foot a few years ago but treatment was not performed because it did not bother me at the time.

Now my foot throbs constantly and is quite painful.

The injury occured while I was playing baseball. I was a pitcher and had a ball hit back at me right off the outer part of my right foot. The pain is in the middle part of the outer portion of my foot if you are looking down at it. Also, you can see the bone in this area sticking out a little bit as compared to my other foot--kinda in a triangular shape.

My question is, now that I have walked around and exercised, etc., with this injury for several years, have I done permanent damage to my foot? Will surgery be required to fix this? Thank you.
 kbloom - Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:09 pm

Just want to say thanks for all the reply's I've received since July. :cry:

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here