News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Bone trauma and fractures

Question: ankle swelling and severe pain

skywalkerchic - Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:23 am

I injuried my ankle about 2 years ago when i stepped into a hole. my ankle was swollen and black as was the bottom of my foot. It had a huge ball shape around the ankle and would squish down. I sought no medical help and thought i would be fine. I was wrong everyday alll day i have ankle swelling and pain. It gets red and swells into a ball shape under my ankle bone and onto the top of my foot.I had a xray (3 views) and no broken bones so could this be muscular? It hurts extremely to walk the pain is a 8 or 9 out of 10.
 Dr. Wafaa Abdel-Hadi - Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:02 am

Dear skywalkerchic,

What do you mean by your ankle was black!!! black in color?these days?!

If your ankle is giving you that degree of pain then it hasn't healed properly...have you put it in a cast for 3 weeks following the injury?! Even if the bones weren't broken or fissured,it had to be put in a cast for proper healing of the ligaments and the surrounding soft tissues...or else it might need surgery to fix the ligaments/tendons.

Please take your X-rays and visit an orthopedic for as soon as possible.

Best regards,

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here