Question: Ruptured Lung?? Help

Panchovilla - Sun Aug 07, 2005 2:32 pm

Hi, I crashed against another guy playing soccer and I am not sure if one of my lower right ribs broke, or that the cartilage at the end of if might have "popped" off, either one the symptoms indicate it is, nevertheless I wanted to ask you if you think its necessary to visit a hospital or Clinic to verify if a lung might be ruptured??

Thanks.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:13 am

User avatar Hi Panchovilla,
You should have an xray to identify if a fracture is present. If you are not experiencing signs and symptoms of a collapsed lung such as shortness of breath, chest pain, rapid heart rate, etc., then I would likely not consider this to be a problem.