Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: tail bone pain

laurensmith - Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:52 am

It's uncomfortable to sit sometimes as my tailbone is sore. It comes and goes. There is no swelling that I can detect, although as a teen 40 years ago I had similar symptoms, but with a small, swollen lump that turned out to be a cyst which was surgically drained. I'm healthy and not overweight. Thanks
 Najah - Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:31 am

Hi
you have to consult your surgeon to look for any recurrence of the cyst that had been drained and further investigations.
 nauticaboo - Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:21 am

I'm not a doctor or anything, but I had the same problem. In 1998, I was having pain in my tailbone, and I waited so long that I had to have surgery. However, it was done in an emergency room through a general surgeon, so it came back two years later. I then went to a colon rectal surgeon who completely removed it and it had to heal from inside out (4 -6 weeks recovery time). it was somewhat painful, but I haven't had any problems since. Hope this helps.

|