Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: Low Back Pain

mango - Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:19 am

I am a 25 year old female in decent shape, I've never had babies. A year ago my back started hurting one day and has not stopped. The pain is in my low back and over my hips. Sitting is torture, standing is a little better, on bad days I can barely walk and laying down does not help. In the last year I have stopped doing any activity that could possibly disturbed my back and have watched my quality of life steadily decline. I no longer wear shoes with any sort of heal, I take a gelatin supplement, I bought a tempurpedic mattress and an orthopedic office chair. I've had MRI's, X-rays, physical therapy, and chiropractic treatment. I've been to orthopedic specialists, nuerosurgeons, nuerologists, etc (I've also been cleared by my gynocologist). No one can find anything wrong. The chiropractor helped control the pain for a good amount of time but its effectiveness plateaud and then declined. Tomorrow I am starting treatment with an acupuncturist. I'm also going in to have my skeletal structure measured for symmetry. If that does not work I plan on trying reflexology. Does anyone have any suggestions or even wild guesses? I will try anything and I'm not giving up until I find something that works.
(side note: I did intensive gymnastics until age 12. I have always been extremely flexible. My elbows dislocate easily. The first time it happened I was about 5 and no one knew what it was so we went and had it x-rayed. The doctor said there was nothing wrong with my x-ray and had no idea why I was in so much pain. It wasn't until they brought in the third doctor that someone figured out my problem. Is it possible (or likely) that if a dislocated elbow won't show up on an x-ray, maybe there is something wrong with my spine even though it appears to be fine?)
 billhead1 - Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:52 pm

Follow this link: http://www.prolotherapy.com/ - it is a type of pain control that uses minimally invasive techniques (injections) and has produced some very positive results. A friend of mine is a dentist who had another friend wth chronic back pain following multiple back surgeries. She has tried many modalities of pain relief, but prolotherapy is the only one that seems to be working effectively. At last report, she was very happy with the results. I was already locked into a surgical protocol, which I followed through with and it has not met all my expectations, even though it was supposedly state of the art.
mango wrote:I am a 25 year old female in decent shape, I've never had babies. A year ago my back started hurting one day and has not stopped. The pain is in my low back and over my hips. Sitting is torture, standing is a little better, on bad days I can barely walk and laying down does not help. In the last year I have stopped doing any activity that could possibly disturbed my back and have watched my quality of life steadily decline. I no longer wear shoes with any sort of heal, I take a gelatin supplement, I bought a tempurpedic mattress and an orthopedic office chair. I've had MRI's, X-rays, physical therapy, and chiropractic treatment. I've been to orthopedic specialists, nuerosurgeons, nuerologists, etc (I've also been cleared by my gynocologist). No one can find anything wrong. The chiropractor helped control the pain for a good amount of time but its effectiveness plateaud and then declined. Tomorrow I am starting treatment with an acupuncturist. I'm also going in to have my skeletal structure measured for symmetry. If that does not work I plan on trying reflexology. Does anyone have any suggestions or even wild guesses? I will try anything and I'm not giving up until I find something that works.

|