Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: Lower back pain

vanb4 - Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:19 pm

For 2 days I have lower back pain on the right side along with pain in my right testicle. I have pain while walking, standing and sitting. I have not had an injury that would of caused this. The only thing I was doing the day before the pain started was cleaning a carpet. Does anyone know what this could be? Thank you!
 netwits - Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:50 am

I have arthritis up and down my entire spine, bulging disks in lumbar area, found in x-ray and mri. I have muscle spasms going from hurting to very severe. I just started physcial therapy. I also am 56 years old. I am taking Relaphen and a (pain killer only at work) I cannot do my job without the Vicodan 5/500 1 tablet only.
My question is: With going to Physcial Therapy and going to my job, am I going against what I am trying to acheive with PT ? It seems to me that when I go to work and do this heavy lifting and bending and twisting that it is compremising all I am trying to do in PT.
I practice good lifting and bending procedures when able to. Also, with my age and 40 years of CNA and the wear and tear on my back, will it ever get any better ? Should I take time off work ? Thank you
 ajpviau - Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:59 pm

vanb4

Those sound like symptoms for Kidney Stones. I had them a few years ago and I had lower back pain and pain in the groin area. Didn't matter what I did (sit, stand, walk) it was seveer pain for a good 12 hours before I finally went to the hospital. Have you seen a doc yet? I noticed your post was Aug. 28th, so if it was stones you probably would have been to a doc or hospital by now. Hope eveyrthing is okay!

Antoine

|