Question: fell off roof

icequeen - Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:00 pm

a year ago I was shigling a roof extension my dad built with a friend of mine. My friend asked me a question as I was walking back to start a new row and I turned to answer but kept walking backwards, incidentently i walked backwards right off the roof. I was about 8-10ft up fell and hit the fender of my dads car trailer then into a ditch. I was taken to ER were they did x-rays of my hip and torso and also checked my head out cause I had a large bump on it. They diagnosed me with a concusion but nothing broken. It has been a year and I am still having very severe pain in my lower back, hip, and sometimes it shoots down my leg to my knee. is it possible that something did break and they missed it on the x-ray? I have also heard that deep bruises like what I had take a long time to heal... but a year???? there are days I can not even walk. should I go back to the ER and have them check again or should I see a specialist?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:30 am

User avatar Hi icequeen,
When xrays are completed sometimes injuries are not initially seen. When complaints persist and xray evaluations are completed again, for example a couple of weeks later, an injury/fracture may be noted at that time. I would suggest seeking an orthopedic specialist who may want to repeat the xrays, or a MRI to identify damage in the area. You should not be experiencing symptoms a year after an injury occurred.
 icequeen - Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:01 pm

what are some things that I may expect should an x-ray reveal that there was in fact a fracture?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:04 am

User avatar Hi icequeen,
If an old fracture was present, treatment would most likely depend on the location. If there in fact is evidence present, physical therapy to decrease the pain along with anti-inflammatory medications may produce desirable results.
 icequeen - Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:21 am

thanks. I was a tad worried cause I had heard rumors that they may re break and reset the bone.......OUCH!

|