Question: Did I break my wrist? Please respond a.s.a.p

suchaclutz - Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:14 pm

Well, last thrusday I was out playing hockey and fell on my wrist. I did feel a slit pain after I fell but nothing major. After the game I took off my glove and my wrist was swollen and turning blue. I've been delaying going to the hospital because at this present time it would be very bad if I had to wear a cast and I'm really afraid if it is broken. It hurts so much typing, moving it, and even just sitting down it hurts. Some swelling has gone away but the pain (and some bruising) goes from the mid fore-arm to thumb. Is it broken?
Thanks so much, it will really help when you respn :(
 suchaclutz - Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:18 pm

Also you can feel a slight bump on the left wrist (that is the wrist I fell on) and compared to my right hand there is no bump...thanks again!
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:16 am

User avatar You should go to the hospital and get it checked out. If it is broken and not casted, it will not heal properly and will cause you a lifetime of problems. It probably is sprained and not broken, because you can still type and move it, but it needs to be xrayed to be sure.

|