Question: broken finger?

erm - Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:38 am

hi
about 3 or 4 years ago, a kid hit the end of my little finger with the edge of my tennis racquet. it was swollen and sore, but my parents told me to get over it. i since stopped playing tennis and have just started again, and after a hit, this finger is very sore and i cannot straighten or bend it properly. di you think it was broken before and if it was, what can i do about it now!!!

please help, its causeing a fair bit of pain.
thanks
erm
 Theresa Jones, RN - Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:06 am

User avatar Hi erm,
Xrays should be able to determine if there was a previous fracture and treatment would depend on the area of the fracture and if healing occurred in a displaced fashion.

|