Question: My son's penis

myson - Thu Feb 06, 2003 7:20 am

My son was circumcised 2 days after he was born. At age 6 months, the foreskin was reattaching to the head of the penis. The doctor at his 6 month checkup had to pull the skin back and wipe away the dead skin. She then put silver nitrate on the skin that was attached. I was in and out of the ER 3 times, because my son's penis had swollen, was really red, and the silver nitrate was eating sores on his penis. He was still able to urinate. The last time I was in the ER, the doctor had to remove the silver nitrate and that took some skin with it. Six months later, my son's penis is red again. This time I think it is normal. I read that the foreskin doesn't fully retract from the head of the penis until after the age of 2. I want to know if I caused the skin to be pulled away from the head, or if it is normal, and will heal by itself.
 Anonymous - Tue Feb 11, 2003 8:11 am

Well since no one wants to reply to my message, I'll update it myself. We saw a doctor this morning. She said that she didn't know if it would heal by itself or if it was going to require surgery. She thought that it would correct itself, but because she didn't know for sure she sent an e mail to an urologist to find out. I'll update again later.
 myson - Fri Jul 25, 2003 5:25 pm

We were told by the doctor to either wait a year and see if the problem would correct itself, or to go ahead and operate. We've decided to wait. So far, there haven't been any changes. It's been 5 months. We'll probably have to operate. :cry:

|