Question: penicillian reaction

concerned37 - Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:29 pm

I have a 3 month old boy, who was prescribed amoxillcillian for and ear infection..after two days of giving it to him he broke out into a rash that just covered his head and chest area. I stopped the medication and started giving him benydrl. That was yesterday. Today he now has the rash over his intire body including his feet. Could you please tell me what I need to do. TY
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:56 am

User avatar Hi concerned37,
It certainly does sound like a medication reaction. Call the hospital and ask the operator if his physician is on call and have him/her paged. If he/she is not on call a physician that is covering for him/her will be available and should return you call.