News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Pediatrics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Pediatrics Answers List

Forum Name: Pediatric Topics

Question: 33 Month old Daughter has problems pooping

fgullikson - Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:22 pm

I'm the father of a 33 month old girl who absolutely will not go poop. She is not constipated as we have had her on medicine in the past for that. She eats well, but she will just not go. She dances around and holds in in as best as she can but she ends up letting out about 3 tablespoons worth of soft poop about 2 to 3 times an hour. The poop smells absolutely horrible because it's been inside of her for so long. Her little bottom also gets so sore because we have to wipe her so many times during the day. Nothing we have tried has worked. I think she is just to scared to poop. Needless to say, her mother and I, as well as her, are just so frustrated. Any suggestions?[/b]
 Dr. Heba Ismail - Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:13 am

Has she been examined for the possibility of anal fissures?
 tonyia18 - Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:16 pm

well i think you should lay off of the dairy products, some children have problems pooping and a lot like to poop in privacy.. my lil cousin use to hide behind a chair, this may sound weird but put her in a diaper when you think she will poop so she can slowly re try pooping.. you should definitely have her be seen by a doctor......

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here