News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Pediatrics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Pediatrics Answers List

Forum Name: Pediatric Topics

Question: 8 year old passed out

bamamommy - Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:09 pm

My eight year old daughter fell and landed on her wrist today. She was crying like she was in extreme pain and when I got to her she said she felt dizzy and then she her eyes rolled back and she seemed to pass out. Then I noticed that the other arm was streching out straight up she then opened her eyes and her pupils were very large. She wouldn't respond to me and she seemed to be breathing hard. Then she suddenly woke up and didn't remember any thing while she was out. The episode lasted about 1minute. She is fine now. Do you think that she may have passed out from the pain in her arm that she fell on. That arm isn't swollen and she is using it now. I was really at a loss as to what I should do. Any suggestions? Thank you.
 bamamommy - Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:35 pm

I took her to the doctor yesterday and they found that she had a buckle fracture and that she had passed out from the pain. She is ok now and in a cast for 4 weeks.
 Dr. Heba Ismail - Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:57 am

I'm glad she's feeling better.
It is true that sometimes a pain can be severe enough to cause a person to collapse and pass out. There is no need to worry.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here