Question: increasing bone pain

neverland - Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:54 pm

Hello-
I am 15 years old and the past few weeks i have been having bone bone in my left and right legs in the area from my knees to where the bone meets the hip. It occurs around my knees, in between knees and where leg bone meets hips, and in the place where the legbone meets the hips/pelvis. It first started out barely noticable, but now it is almost constant and increasing almost by day. Nothing relieves the pain,it gets worse in the evenings, and is just as bad when lying down as standing up or sitting. I am wondering what exactly i should do to help her realize this is something I think needs to be looked at because before this got bad i have gone to her and she usually just brushes it off? What should i ask her, and tell her? Would you recommend any tests? Do you know what this might be caused by?
-Thank you :)
 Dr. Heba Ismail - Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:17 am

A plain X-ray of the hips and knees would show if there are any joint or bone abnormalities.

|