News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Pediatrics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Pediatrics Answers List

Forum Name: Pediatric Topics

Question: 11 yr old w/ heart palp.. and paleness

splume - Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:14 pm

My 11 yr old daughter had a 2nd "episode" We were at Acrobatics class and her face went pale, her lips were as white as her skin... she felt dizzy and like she was going to vomit, and had heart palpitations with mild chest pain. The first time this happened was in August 2005, and I took her to the ER and they couldn't figure anything out.... although all they did was an EKG... not even bloodwork... they sent us away saying it must have been anxiety... The first time it happened she passed out and hit her head into a wall. She is very active, as she does gymnastics 2 times a week and acrobatics 1 time a week... she is 5 feet tall and 82 pounds. Could this be heart related? I am going to try to get her into the doctor this week, but any input would be appreciative.
 Dr. Heba Ismail - Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:03 am

Dear splume,
This would be considered a 'syncopal attack' that needs to be investigated, as there are many causes for this.
I would advise also having a 24 hr Holter EKG done, measuring her blood pressure while sitting and standing, an ECHO, a complete blood picture, and preferably also an eye and ear examination.
Discuss these points with your doctor and see what he/she has to say.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here