News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Pediatrics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Pediatrics Answers List

Forum Name: Pediatric Topics

Question: Lump behind knee

BOLDFIELD - Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:10 am

I have a 5 year old son, born with various health problems. He is due to have surgery on his eye to remove a suspected dermoid cyst. He recently developed a small, painless lump behind his knee on the popliteal. Our GP says it is nothing to worry about (he just checked his knee movement) and insisted no follow-up appointment was necessary. Should I insist on further investigation to ensure this is the case and if so how should I go about this as we normally have a very good relationship with the said GP?

I would appreciate any advise you have to offer and thank you in anticipation.
 Dr. Heba Ismail - Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:36 am

I agree with your GP.
You should only worry if your child develops pain while moving his knee, or has difficulty moving it.
 chancee24 - Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:44 am

Well mines not exactly the same but close I have a 6year old with what the doctors call a bakers cyst behind his right knee except he has constant pain in that leg with lots of joint pain the lump has become larger with time and painful to the touch at first there was no pain so I suggest watching it to see if it gets worse or painful Im worried.. Ive heard everything from rhumatoid to growing pains who knows Im fed up with all these no real answers

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here