Question: 3 yr old with high fever 103.6 ful like symptoms

andyg72 - Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:29 pm

my wife just took my 3 yr old son to the emergency room , he has had diareah and vomiting since yesterday with no fever. then today he has had a lite fever, motrin and ibuprofin werent breaking it. he woke up 30 min ago and was gritting his teeth and clenching his hands tight and with his eyes open seemed unaware of his surroundings. hes on the way to the emergency room , im just concerened about the little episode he had before he left . his under arm temp was 102.6. my question is what was the episode he had for a couple min then he came out of it, and was talking but he seemed like he was still feeling the effects of this , it was kind of like a light ceisure mabey , im not sure but it scared the heck out of me. can anyone tell me what was probably going on with him?
 spongebobkids - Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:39 pm

I am just a mom but it sounds like it was a febrile seizure. I would have your little one checked out to rule out anything else. Good luck
 MichelleRNC - Wed May 17, 2006 4:38 am

How did your son do once he got to the hospital. Children and adults alike can become delusional with high fever and dehydration. I have never seen anyone voluntarily tighten their muscles while having a seizure- it's all involuntary movements. Children can febrile seizures from a rapid rise in temperature- it's not how high- how fast it rises.

|