News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Pediatrics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Pediatrics Answers List

Forum Name: Pediatric Topics

Question: 7mo old has cyst like lump on lower back of head should i ge

fragile_angel - Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:03 am

I recently discovered this cyst like lump on my 7mo old daughters head. It is about the size of a frozen pea, you cant see it but if you touch it you definately know its there. Its located on the left side of the back of her head almost an inch above where the skull would end. Is this anything to be concerned about. Should i go and get it checked out?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:31 am

User avatar Hi fragile_angel,
Lymph node enlargement near the occipital region (if this is the cause of the area you have described) may be related to a recent infection, including scalp infections, etc. An evaluation by your child's physician and monitoring of the area is recommended to identify if the causative factor is related to a recent bacterial/viral infection, etc.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here