News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Pediatrics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Pediatrics Answers List

Forum Name: Pediatric Topics

Question: Bone pain

neverland - Sat May 13, 2006 7:04 pm

I am a female of 15 and have bone pain that has been increasing since the beginning of january. Most of the time I can no longer concentrate at school because it hurts so bad. It hurts most when I am just sitting or laying down but it also usually hurts when I walk. It hurts so much now that it often wakes me when Iam sleeping and makes me not able to sleep, and makes me cry.I went to my doctor a few days ago and she was concerned and had x-rays taken and a blood test but said she didn't see anything abnormal. She wants me to go to physical therapy, but I don't thnk it will help because I don't see it related to movement. It hurts when I walk but not because I walk. Also the day after I went to the doctor I noticed a bunch of tiny red dots that are spreading on my feet and legs under my skin. I don't know what to do because my doctor is saying it is nothing but it hurts too much to just be nothing. Any advice on what to do would be great.
Iam taking no medications, have had no injuries, do not play any sports
---Thanks
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon May 15, 2006 6:05 am

User avatar Hi neverland,
Has your physician examined the tiny red dots that you have described? Bone pain that wakes one up from sleep is abnormal and requires additional evaluation. Aside from the bone pain do you have any other symptoms, ie, swelling, nausea/vomiting, decreased appetite, weight loss, fevers, etc.?
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN
 neverland - Fri May 19, 2006 9:20 pm

Thank you for replying,
My doctor has not examined the tiny red dots on my legs, but I do plan on showing them to her soon I just wanted to make sure they didn't appear because of a reaction or something first. As for other symptoms I do get nausious alot, and now that you mention it I have had a few fevers in the past about two months. But they were kind of strange because I didn't have a cough, cold, nothing besides the fever and feeling nausious and having chills. Do you know what I should do? Thanks again for responding.
----Neverland

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here