News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Pediatrics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Pediatrics Answers List

Forum Name: Pediatric Topics

Question: Roseola

jboyd - Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:38 am

My 20 month old son is just now ending a bout of roseola. He is on his third day of the rash and I have noticed for the last 3 days he has been extraordinarily fussy. He is so clingy which is very unlike him. Is this a normal response to the illness? I am just wondering what kind of pain he could be in Tylenol does not help his fussiness. Very decreased appetite still as well (very unlike him). I am just concerned because I would think we should be on the upswing from this illness and not as fussy, but it seems to be getting worse instead of better.

Thank you for your help,
Worried mom
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:25 am

User avatar Hi jboyd,
Roseola may last 3-7 days. If your child is improving as far as other symptoms, don't be over concerned at this point. You may want to notify your child's physician so if an evaluation is warranted it can be scheduled. Best wishes.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here