Question: [b]My 2 weeks old son have purple lips[/b]

avohnmason - Fri May 04, 2007 6:02 pm

I don't know why but my son have purple lips since he was 1 week old. Now he is 2 weeks old and still have purple lips. Is it because my girlfriend is breast feeding him? We give him formula as well.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri May 04, 2007 6:07 pm

User avatar You should ask your health care provider to check this out. It is definitely not due to breastfeeding but knowing whether or not it is a problem would require an examination. How is the baby's activity? Does he seem to be eating well, having wet diapers, breathing without difficulty? Let your doctor know about any unusual behavior relating to feeding and breathing. Often the doctor wants to see the baby at about two weeks of age anyway so it would be good to have him weighed and checked out for color, etc.
 avohnmason - Thu May 10, 2007 6:03 pm

Well, we went to the doctors today and he said my son lips looks normal. He fed my son some of the formula and he said everything is normal. So all that worrying for nothing. But my son just got heat rash the other day. He'll be fine though. Thanks for the input.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu May 10, 2007 7:28 pm

User avatar Glad to hear it is normal coloration and he looked fine. Peace of mind is worth a lot! Thanks for visiting here.

|