Question: Meningitis

case1021 - Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:04 am

About 3 years ago my 10 month old son died due to meningitis. He had both viral and bacterial. I was told that it WAS contagious and that it WASN'T. No doctor seems to be able to give me the same answer. The health officer went into his daycare and said everything was fine and no other child caught it from him. My husband and I would like to have another baby, however, can we use his blinkets and clothing or are these contagious? Of course everything has been washed, but what about bottles and toys that he has chewed on? We don't want to have to go through this again!
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:00 am

User avatar Dear Guest,

i think it is kind of difficult after three years for the bug to still be in the toys and other things that your baby used in the past. But to be safe, i guess that you can wash the toys and boil the bottles.

If this is going to make you uncomfortable, the other alternative is to buy new ones.

|