News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Pediatrics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Pediatrics Answers List

Forum Name: Pediatric Topics

Question: Meningitis

case1021 - Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:04 am

About 3 years ago my 10 month old son died due to meningitis. He had both viral and bacterial. I was told that it WAS contagious and that it WASN'T. No doctor seems to be able to give me the same answer. The health officer went into his daycare and said everything was fine and no other child caught it from him. My husband and I would like to have another baby, however, can we use his blinkets and clothing or are these contagious? Of course everything has been washed, but what about bottles and toys that he has chewed on? We don't want to have to go through this again!
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:00 am

User avatar Dear Guest,

i think it is kind of difficult after three years for the bug to still be in the toys and other things that your baby used in the past. But to be safe, i guess that you can wash the toys and boil the bottles.

If this is going to make you uncomfortable, the other alternative is to buy new ones.

Thank you very much for using our website http://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.

Yasser Mokhtar, M.D.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here