News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Pediatrics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Pediatrics Answers List

Forum Name: Pediatric Topics

Question: Mentally Challenged Child

Anirbas - Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:17 pm

Hello, and thank you for taking your time out of your hectic day to assist me. I will thank you form the bottom of my heart in advance. I am a 34 yro single mother of two wonderful children. One of those wonderful children is severely emotionally handicapped. He is currently living in a 5 day a week residential program and comes home on the weekends. He has 9 months in this program before he is returned into the "normal" setting. Hence, my plea to you.. My son, Nicholas, is 9 and may never be in a "normal" setting. His father, whom is 50 and still lives home with mom, cant hold a job, and is a severe drug and alcohol abuser, never see's or cares for his children is one indication my son has it in his "genes". His uncle died living at home with him mother, never to have held down a job. Both Diagnosed with OCD, Bi-Polar, schizophrenia, along with a gander of other problems. My child has been diagnosed with the same with a grim out look of his future without serious intervention. My first awareness of my sons illness started at age 2, when I received a call from his daycare that he was uncontrollable. It just continued to get worse from there. As I said before he is in a residential facility currently after years of a lot of pain, tears and research. I am writing you today for your help. I am at my wits end and do not know what to do. I hold a 40hr a week job and make a mere $30,000 a year. Not much of a budget to get him the helps he so needs. In 9 months he will be back into the world ALONE to face life's challenges without the skills he needs to survive. I will not keep you any longer and will thank you again for your time, ANYTHING you can advise for me would GREATLY appreciated.

A Mothers Plea...
 Dr. Heba Ismail - Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:18 pm

Dear Anirbas,
I'll send you a link, I hope would be of help to you.
http://www.infoforyourhealth.com

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here