News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Pediatrics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Pediatrics Answers List

Forum Name: Pediatric Topics

Question: 7 week old with 2 small lumps behind ear

aradel1979 - Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:12 am

My daughter is 7 wks old. I noticed shortly after she came home from the hospital that she had a small (a little smaller than a pea) lump behind her ear, just where the hairline starts. I didn't think much of it, but I noticed today that she has developed a second one a little nearer her neck. They are kind of rubbery feeling and you can feel them move slightly under the skin. What could these be? She's had no traumas, or surgeries, and I've never experienced this with either of my other two kids.
Thanks for your help!
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:37 pm

User avatar Hi Aradel1979,

The location and description of the lumps that you are giving fits with these lumps being lymph nodes. These can occur when a baby is fighting off a virus or other cold infection.

Your description of them is not concerning for bad things, like cancer.

I suspect your daughter has an eight week check up coming up. Her doctor can take a look at these then.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here