Question: Baby with blisters in his mouth!!

msromance4you - Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:54 am

My Co-Worker Son is 11 month he live in Mexico and he have small blisters in his mouth , Mom went to the Doctor, he told her , that the blisters in his mouth because the heat, I would like to know if thats true and what can she do...please.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:13 pm

User avatar Hi Msromance4you,

Most commonly blisters in the mouth are due to a viral infection. Without a better description I can't really tell you which one I think it is. Several viruses can cause an infection called herpangina that produces small (1-2mm) blisters in the back of the throat and top of the mouth.

The herpes virus (cold sore virus) can also cause very severe blisters in the mouth that often produce blisters on the lips and gums.

It would be uncommon for heat, itself, to cause blisters.

|