News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Pediatrics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Pediatrics Answers List

Forum Name: Pediatric Topics

Question: My daughter has a problem that I can find no info about Help

Stacy27 - Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:10 pm

:cry: Hello,

My daughter is 6 years old. She has been at her fathers for the weekend. Her step-mom called me yesterday stating that Shianne (my daughter) had been complaining about her eye hurting and rubbing it alot. Step-mom (Dawn) said she looked and Shianne has a bubble in her actual eye ball filled with fluid. I had remembered her saying something about her eye maybe once before she left but as a 6 year old they always have something hurting. So I didn't really look much. Dawn is a nurse and she doesnt know what it could be. I have also never heard of this. I have several medical books and even a doctors medical book and can not find anything stating what it could be. I have looked online and so on. She will be coming home today. I will call the docotrs first thing in the morning and hopefully they can get her in but I want to know if its something serious? Do I need to take her to emergency room? I need help please. Thanks alot. for anyone who even takes the time to read this.

Sincerly,

Desperate Mom :?
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:50 pm

User avatar Dear Stacy,

i recommend that you take her to the er as soon as she gets to you or even call your step mom so that she gets her to the er if still possible.

Thank you very much for using our website http://doctorslounge.com

Yasser Mokhtar, M.D.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here