News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Pediatrics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Pediatrics Answers List

Forum Name: Pediatric Topics

Question: Skin bubble on 2 month's head

dolson - Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:30 am

My two month old baby has a quarter sized bubble on the crown of her head. I saw it for the first time last night. The only way I can describe it is to say it looks like a section of her skin is no longer in contact with her skull; I can't tell if it is air or liquid under the skin. At this time, it is normal colored and does not seem to bother the baby. What might have caused this and should I be concerned?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:07 pm

User avatar Hi Dolson,

I would recommend you have your baby evaluated by her doctor soon. There are a few possibilities, some of which may actually be fairly severe. One possibility is that this is a herpes lesion (although this would be quite big for this). Herpes in this age group can be very dangerous.

Sometimes a staph. skin infection can also cause this. These often need antibiotics to clear up.

It may also be a simple blister that has formed from a little bump to the head.

Best wishes.
 dolson - Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:02 am

Good Morning Dr. Lowe.
Thank you for your reply; it really helped me feel more confident in my instincts. We have an appointment scheduled for Monday. Thanks again!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here