Question: My 7 year old daughters rash

heatherose - Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:57 pm

Hi my 7 yearold daughter had a rash behind her ear, and a cold. The rash was round with "bumps" on the "ring" it became very big so I took her to the E.R. Because she had recently also had a tick there. They pretty much laughed at me and said that there is no lyme tick disease in Missouri. They said it was ringworm.Put her on antibotics (took make me feel better) and some like jockitch medicine. Well that spot went away kinda. This was several months back,and the rash behind her ear would come & go but it was never as bad as the first time it appered. Now all of a sudden she has 2 of these spots on her back, 2 on her legs,1 on her stomach, & 2 on her face. I have tried getting her into the doctors but they keep cancelling my appointments. I just do not know if this is something serious or not, but it really starting to scare me.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:14 pm

It could be a recurrence of ringworm and you could try the antifungal creams again. Be sure to continue it until the rash is completely gone to keep it from coming back. If this does not do the trick you may need to see a dermatologist. If it has a bit of a center that is not red (hence; the name "ringworm") it is likely that this is the cause.

Do see the doctor when they are able to get you in but very likely you will be able to get it in control. There are other skin conditions such as eczema or psoriasis but these are also rarely serious.

|