News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Pediatrics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Pediatrics Answers List

Forum Name: Pediatric Topics

Question: 3 yr old stuck a crayon in his bottom

rjsmom - Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:41 pm

My 3 yr old was in the bath playing with his bath crayons he had one that wasnt even an inch long and he said he stuck it in his bottom (butt). i just moved and he currently has no insurance so he don't have a family doctor yet. what should i do give it time and prune juice??
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:52 pm

User avatar Hello Rjsmom,

As long as he is otherwise OK and not having any pain it should be fine to just observe him. The crayon will likely be cleared with his next bowel movement.

If he starts complaining of pain or other problems I would recommend he be seen.

Best wishes.
 rjsmom - Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:57 pm

Thank you so much! I gave him apple juice because it seems to always make him go to the bathroom. He past it! thankgod!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here