News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Pediatrics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Pediatrics Answers List

Forum Name: Pediatric Topics

Question: 9 y/o with itchy legs

wosica - Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:51 am

My 9 year old daughter has developed this problem over the last year or so. When she stands still for more than a minute she says her legs start itching like crazy. She can't even stand still while she's brushing her teeth because her legs bother her so much. She says the itchy feeling is just from her knee down (in both legs) and it immediately goes away when she starts walking again. I can't think of anything that could be causing such an odd problem. Any idea?

She does have pretty bad allergies and takes Zyrtec and Singulair everyday. She's also on a steroid cream called Lidex (Fluocinonide) for her eczema, but she only uses it once every few weeks or so and mostly on her arms. I know she gets itchy from her allergies but I don't think it has anything to do with this weird leg itchiness when she's standing still.

Thanks in advance!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:17 pm

User avatar Hello,
I don't know why it is more noticeable at times but I wonder if it is related to the eczema. I would use some extra rich cream such as Eucerin and apply liberally a couple of times daily to see if that helps. If not, you should probably follow up with a dermatologist who may be able to prescribe something to help.

Good luck.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here