Question: A 2 year olds hair falling out again.

sortega3 - Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:37 am

My daughters hair is falling out again. All her hair fell out a year ago and now it is doing it again. When she was born she had realy bad jaundus and she was hospitalized. They also said her thyroids were low. When she left the hospital a week later they said her thyroids were fine, but thyroid problems runs in my family. I know it is normal for her hair to fall out once before the age of two. The other thing is that her hair does not grow. It take it a year to get her eyes. Could her problem be her thyroids or her white blood cells? Those are the only two things that I now of that would make her hair fall out. Her diet is fine. She eats enough fruits,veggies, meat, dairy, and breads. I saw a dietrishion and she said she is fine because she is getting all the vitamines. What do you think that is causing her hair to fall out.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:10 pm

It is not normal for a two year old's hair to fall out so you should take her to the pediatrician to find out what underlying disorder might be causing it. Yes, it could be thyroid and this should be checked.

|