News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Pediatrics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Pediatrics Answers List

Forum Name: Pediatric Topics

Question: A 2 year olds hair falling out again.

sortega3 - Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:37 am

My daughters hair is falling out again. All her hair fell out a year ago and now it is doing it again. When she was born she had realy bad jaundus and she was hospitalized. They also said her thyroids were low. When she left the hospital a week later they said her thyroids were fine, but thyroid problems runs in my family. I know it is normal for her hair to fall out once before the age of two. The other thing is that her hair does not grow. It take it a year to get her eyes. Could her problem be her thyroids or her white blood cells? Those are the only two things that I now of that would make her hair fall out. Her diet is fine. She eats enough fruits,veggies, meat, dairy, and breads. I saw a dietrishion and she said she is fine because she is getting all the vitamines. What do you think that is causing her hair to fall out.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:10 pm

User avatar Hello,
It is not normal for a two year old's hair to fall out so you should take her to the pediatrician to find out what underlying disorder might be causing it. Yes, it could be thyroid and this should be checked.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here