Question: eye tooth abscessed?

cElla - Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:10 pm

I have a bump above my right top eye tooth and I noticed when I was brushing my teeth, my gums bleed a bit anyway, but that area never hurt until I brushed it. It is red and feels hard. It is up almost where my lip is attached. It typically does not hurt unless pressure is applied. I was just wondering if it could be an abscess and if there is anything I can do at home to remedy it. I have no health insurance and cannot afford to pay to see a dentist. Please help me.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:12 pm

Typically an abscess is associated with pain and you have not described that so I would say it may be something else causing the bump. Since you cannot afford a dentist, perhaps you can investigate a dental hygiene or assistant school where students do xrays and cleanings for a minimal fee under the direction of experienced and licensed personnel. If anything is of concern, you would be referred elsewhere. Some communities have dental clinics created to serve people at low cost. You might inquire through your local health department about whether or not there is such a program in your area. You could also call local colleges and trade schools. It may take a little digging but perhaps you can be seen by someone.

Good luck

|