Question: Rapidly changing lymph nodes

tkcfigit24 - Fri May 09, 2008 10:03 am

My five year old daughter has had rapidly changing lymph nodes in her neck over the last four months. They will swell up to 2.5cm (via ultrasound) and then be pea sized again within a few hours, only to swell up again hours later. For example, we felt a large grape size node in her neck yesterday, but the time we got her to the doctor's (appointment was about 5 hours later) it was down to the size of a small olive. By about 7pm it was back up to grape size, but this morning for ultrasound it was back down to 1cm. I have never heard of anything like this. Her primary told us to make an appointment with the ENT, should I also be making one with an immunologist?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:15 pm

User avatar I would wait to see what the ENT advises. If that doctor is able to determine the cause, you may not need to go further. Specialists also cross over to some degree because the basic medical school training covers the whole body, prior to their study of a particular specialty.

|