Question: Spots on the bottom of foot

melissa02008 - Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:52 pm

My 4 year old son suddenly has 3 dark spots on the bottom of his foot that look kind of like a bruise, but it's not. He's never had them before. IT's under the skin and it doesn't seem to hurt. I also noticed now that my 2 year old son has one under his big toe that is the same thing. what could it be?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:10 am

It would be impossible to guess at this without an exam. It could be normal coloration variation since it doesn't seem to be bothering him but you would have to have the doctor look at it to be sure. If there was a bite or something it seems logical there would be other symptoms - pain, swelling, and if there was an injury causing an actual bruise, it would change color as it heals and then disappear. Perhaps it is a birth mark of some sort or mole? Again, see your doctor to be sure.

|