Question: Baby w/ Tiny Red Bumps that appear & disappear 3 months now!

jeans - Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:08 am

[img]Hi,
My nine month old daughter has had for the past three months, these tiny red bumps with a small red area around them that seem to appear and disappear usually on her arms, legs, tummy and back and now sometimes on face. They don't look like an itchy rash, they almost look like little bites.
They don't seem to cause her discomfort, but I honestly am getting worried because how long they've been showing up. She got some stool tests done, also, she recently had a urine culture and nothing showed up there. Could it be that it's some kind of food allergy or allergy to carpet cleaning product? Also I took her to a wellness center and was told that she showed up having candida, and that since she's breastfeeding, she probably got it from me.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:44 am

Candida is easily treated for both the nursing mother and infant. But the bumps are not likely to be from that. It is usually confined to the baby's mouth. Rashes in babies are quite common and the fact that they come and go gives me even more confidence that this is nothing serious. Skin often changes. It is possible there could be sensitivity to a product (carpet cleaning, fabric, laundry cleaners, etc.) so you could try using only a mild laundry soap like those designed for baby clothing (Ivory, Dreft) and if it was carpet cleaner, that should be very temporary. If it isn't bothering her it is likely just normal, but sensitive baby skin.

If it gets worse or does not go away between episodes, talk to your pediatrician about it.

|