Question: Please help my son...

mccullrr - Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:21 pm

Let me start by giving you a little history... My 9yr old son has been diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome. He also has gone through a period of Obsessive Compulsive things, such as washing hands and worrying about touching things. At one time last summer, he was constantly asking us things such as, I touched this "worm" or whatever and then put my finger in my mouth is everything going to be ok??? He finally got over that but now let me explain what is happening....

The other night he came to me and started telling me that his mind is doing weird things. Sometimes he cusses in his mind for no reason at all...he is not even mad. And now he is telling me that he is picturing himself kissing people....boys and girls, adults, people on tv. He says he is also picturing peoples "privates" and "kissing" those also. He is only 9 years old. And every minute he is telling me this. He waits by the door until I get home and it's like he has to rush to tell me this. Very obsessive. He also told me that about a year ago, his boy cousin tried to get him to perform oral sex on him and that his boy cousin told him that he does this to his own sister. After this shock, we are in the process of getting them some help and counseling, but I am wondering is all that my son is going through a result of this, the Aspergers, puberty, or what. And how do I get him to stop thinking about all this?

Please some help from someone that may have gone through this or some of the doctors.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:44 am

User avatar Hello mccullrr,
Unfortunately, we currently don't have a psychiatrist on board. When I forwarded your query to our pediatrician she was unable to provide advice. I cannot provide you with much help either, besides the fact that you need to refer him to a psychiatrist that is specialized in treating children. From your description it appears that his problems are not related to Asperger's Syndrome. The obssessive behaviour alone is a significant manifestation that warrants referral to a psychiatrist.

Dr. Heba Ismail - Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:31 am

Dear mccullrr,
I have found a website, which I hope will be of use to you:http://www.nas.org.uk
 mccullrr - Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:41 am

Thanks to everyone for their posts. We have an appointment today with the therapist. Hopefully, we will get some help.

Thanks for the website. I will be looking at it today.

Becky

|