News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Pediatrics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Pediatrics Answers List

Forum Name: Pediatric Topics

Question: 17 month old exposed to HEP. B

Soljudit - Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:27 pm

My sister just came to visit us. She went back home 2 days ago and found out she tested positive for HEP. B. While visiting us she shared food and drinks with my 17 month old daughter. My daughter has been vaccinated for HEP. B. Should I take my daughter to be tested for HEP. B?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:09 am

User avatar Hello,
I'm glad your child has been immunized and is therefore protected against Hep B. For your information, it is not transmitted by food and drink so even if she did not have this protection, it is extremely unlikely she would have been exposed. The route of exposure here is blood and deep body fluid exchange as with needle sharing or accidental punctures. It can also be transmitted sexually. So, you need not worry and no testing should be necessary.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here