Question: not enough skin for circumcision

mojoe - Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:50 am

Hi I'm a mother of two boys i just had a second baby he is three weeks old I took him to be circumcised whe he was two weeks old and they said that he was to small they told me to bring him back when he was four weeks. I look at his penis and it looks like he dosn't have enough skin to be circumcised is that possible?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:38 am

He may just need to grow a bit; thus waiting four weeks. Don't wail longer however because it is considered a more serious surgery. If there is not a lot of excess skin anyway, you may elect to forego circumcision by choice. This is becoming more common in the U.S. all the time and it is the norm outside the states. Your pediatrician would need to advise you based on physical exam. I have not known of anyone who was unable to have a circ.

Best wishes

|