News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Pediatrics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Pediatrics Answers List

Forum Name: Pediatric Topics

Question: not enough skin for circumcision

mojoe - Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:50 am

Hi I'm a mother of two boys i just had a second baby he is three weeks old I took him to be circumcised whe he was two weeks old and they said that he was to small they told me to bring him back when he was four weeks. I look at his penis and it looks like he dosn't have enough skin to be circumcised is that possible?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:38 am

User avatar Hello,
He may just need to grow a bit; thus waiting four weeks. Don't wail longer however because it is considered a more serious surgery. If there is not a lot of excess skin anyway, you may elect to forego circumcision by choice. This is becoming more common in the U.S. all the time and it is the norm outside the states. Your pediatrician would need to advise you based on physical exam. I have not known of anyone who was unable to have a circ.

Best wishes

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here