Question: my 19 month old has been ........

rweston247 - Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:27 am

My 19 month old son has been running a fever 101.9 - 103.7 for over 24 hours now, I am alternating between tylenol and motrin every four hours. He has greenish, yellow runny nose and eyes. A rattle in his chest and cough. He tries to eat and it seems as though after a couple bites it gets stuck and he ends up choking on it and spitting it all up. This started as a cold a week ago and has progressed to this, the strangest thing is that he is getting bruises all over his legs from the feet up to about mid thigh and now has some on his back. The thing is that he isn't falling or knocking into anything any harder or more often than usual. Please help....his doctor is out of the office till Monday and the doctor on call is so booked that he said to give it a couple more days and see how he feels.

Please help,

Very worried mom :(
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:09 am

User avatar Dear Very Worried Mom,

i recommend that you take your son to the emergency room to be evaluated asap.

Thank you very much for using our website http://doctorslounge.com

|