News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Pediatrics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Pediatrics Answers List

Forum Name: Pediatric Topics

Question: MOLD AND MY BABY

sczock - Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:29 pm

My 10 month old baby has been sick for over a month and a half, with a chronic cough, sneezing, runny nose, wheezing, trouble sleeping and breathing at night and waking up frequently. He has been to the doctor three times and they finally gave him antibiotics four days ago, however, tonight we found mold behind his crib and moisture along the baseboard. Is is possible this is what is making him sick? What should I do? We have moved him to another room.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:23 pm

User avatar Hello,
Yes, mold can cause symptoms and illness and should be checked out. Some mold is harmless but other types can cause serious problems. You might try calling your local health department to see what services might be available. If you have a landlord, it would be their responsibility to fix the problem. If you are a homeowner, you may should investigate the problem.

Sometimes, if it is mold and you are renting, the only solution is to move to another place. Businesses that do disaster cleanup do specialize in treating mold properly. I would follow up.

I can't say if this is the cause of your baby's problems - he could have asthma or some other chronic condition. Continue with your baby's doctor for proper follow up.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here