Question: 12months old falls from baby hammock

kendallf - Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:18 am

Hi
I dropped my baby cousin from the hammock 2 days ago, it is around 3 feet high and she cried after 2 seconds or so.We rush her to the clinic but it was closed.After a big cry she looks fine to us and her parent decided it was okay. I googled out the symptoms of head injuries and it appears that she has none of it. Though i was relieved but i am still being bothered by it;will this fall affect her ability in learning and her personality in the future? Also will there be slight symptoms where we overlook and it got recovered but still causing a damage to the brain? Thanks alot! as i could not find the answer for this online.

Warmest
Kendall
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:59 pm

It sounds like you are a very concerned and conscientious person. Babies can amaze us with their resilience at times. If you have seen no early problems, chances are excellent there will be no long-term complications.

|