News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Pediatrics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Pediatrics Answers List

Forum Name: Pediatric Topics

Question: could it be adhd?

princessxali - Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:01 am

hi all,

Im looking for some advice my son Daniel is 3 in february well the thing is he is really naughty all the time and although he gets told off he still does it ive tried ignoring the negative behaviour and praise him when hes done something good.

He will do things like empty shampoo bottles liquid bottles down the loo or over furniture ive tried putting out of reach he gets clever and stands on upside down toybox, he will get into my fridge and smash my eggs all over floor hes always jumping and climbing on furniture,

hes destructive he will rip used teabags and throw contents on floor, when i take him for meal outdoors he doesnt sit still and climbs on his chair and eats standing up on chair i sit him down and after few mins he will stand again,
when eh sits home and watches tv he can sit for about 10 mins although his arms are still fidgety he gets rowdy very hyperactive,
he also does things like if he has a packet of polos he will do things like line them up not sure if this is relevent but just thought i'd put it.

I've got to the point where he must like being told off should i see my doctor?
 princessxali - Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:18 pm

hi there,

id just like to add that if anyone has got children with this please reply thanks.
 Dr. Heba Ismail - Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:21 pm

Dear Princess,
I agree it would be wise to go see your doctor.
You may be interested in checking this link.
 princessxali - Fri Dec 24, 2004 4:16 pm

hi dr heba

thank you very much for replying i will make an appointment that site is very interesting than you once again.
 princessxali - Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:15 am

hi i waited a while before taking him to the doctor thinking it may be his age etc hes now 4 yrs old and it seems to have gotten worse not better now he will do things like throw the potty contents onto the walls and ceiling.
he will become lazy to go to the toilet and do it on the floor if he does a poo he will squash his toys into it so i finally took him to the doctors and explained the situation with him i am now waiting on an appointment to see a child psychologist im hoping to get help with this as i ave anotehr son 19 months younger than daniel and he is starting to copy him

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here