"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Question: Circumcision Need to be re-done?

lovemyeskie - Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:55 pm

My so was circumcised at 10 days old, he is now 6 months. The shaft of his penis covers the head like an uncircumcised male. I feel that it may also be changing the shape of the hole that he pees out of. What should I do next? Thanks for the advice.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:01 am

Circumcisions do vary a bit depending on the practitioner's method and style - some leave more skin intact but it causes no long-term damage and would not affect the urethral opening. You could have a urologist examine it but it is not likely the opening has been caused by the circumcision. Of course the opening is more visible once he has been circumcised.